Monday, August 3, 2015

As summer term draws to a close...

Hey guys! It's been a while. My bad. This term has been especially crazy and IS OVER IN A WEEK AND A HALF. That totally snuck up on me. So much has happened!

First thing's first- I said I'd update about going to Meg and Shell's houses. We'll start with Megan's for Fourth of July weekend! I went up to Rexburg with Lily and 2 of her sisters. They were nice enough to drop me off in Rexburg on their way to a family reunion in some other town not too far away.


 We partied that weekend! Sam had to work the first day :/ but me and Meg and Nat made ourselves busy at home. We went and got charcoal for the grill and grilled out with a couple of their friends from across the street. Those hamburgers were GOOD, and we had mac salad to go along with them! I tell you what. Me and Megan made the mac salad and put it in the fridge, and a few hours later we were literally sitting at their table with the giant bowl in between us, stuffing our faces. I swear I've never eaten that much macaroni salad in one sitting. It led us to have some SERIOUS gas the rest of the day, and I'm pretty sure it made me break out too all over my whole face... but it was SO good. Totally worth it. Then we went over to their friends apartment to shoot off fireworks with them and eat smores. It was so fun! Ps- one of them, Brenda, stuck a stick of string cheese on a stick and put it over the fire. It didn't get too melty, and it tasted sooooo good. You should all try it sometime.

Natalie is SOOOO cute. We went outside so she could play in the water with her teaspoon. :) She loved it, even though the water was FREEZING!

That Sunday I went to church with them. It was great because there's a Brasilian lady in their ward, Ingrid, and I got to talk to her in Portuguese for a little bit! Yay! It was great. I love Brasilians. However, it was kind of awkward because pretty much EVERYONE in their ward is somewhat recently married. I think I was the only girl in sunday school who wasn't scratching my husband's back. hahaha So that was awkward.
But after a weekend that passed much too quickly for my liking, getting stocked up with some lemon poppyseed bread, and saying a hard goodbye to Sam for the next long while (I was going to see Megan at Shell's house a few weeks after that), I headed back to Provo with Lily. We took the liberty of stopping by the Brigham City Temple on our way home. It was REALLY windy and a storm was coming in so it was actually kind of chilly, but that temple is absolutely gorgeous!


We made it home and lived happily ever after. :)

Ok, this is the part of the post that gets really random because I've fallen so far behind and I just want to write anything that's happened that I can think of.

Well, I went to cow appreciation day for the first time a few weeks ago! I went with Lily and another one of my roommates, Kaitlin. We just colored some notebook paper black and taped spots of it onto our shirts, and Lily made little paper bells for each of us to put around our necks. And we got a whole meal, drink and fries included, for absolutely 0 dollars! I LOVE FREE FOOD.


Also a few weeks ago, I went on a date! With a guy named Austin, who is from St. George. We went to a concert in Salt Lake. The band was Death Cab for Cutie. They were soooo good! I was pleasantly surprised, because I figured that since it was a live performance it wouldn't be as good as the pre-recorded stuff, but it totally blew me out of the water. And it was super cool because after it started getting dark they had a ton of really cool lights. So now I can officially say that I've been to a real concert! There was so much weed. We didn't do any, even though someone offered some to Austin. There's a first time for everything, I guess...
Before the concert started, we went across the street to this shop that has the largest variety of chocolate in all of North America or something. It was waayyyyyyy out of my league. When we walked in they had these cool little things that looked like painted clay in all different shapes and sizes and colors. I thought it was some kind of jewelry. NOPE. Turns out, it was chocolate. How embarrassing. Oh, I should mention that on this date I felt like more of a country bumpkin that I ever have before. Salt Lake is HUGE. At one point in the chocolate shop Austin's bishop called him and he had to answer it because he's the ward secretary, so he said, "Just pick one that you like!" and answered the phone. And I was left to look at walls and walls and walls of chocolate from all over the world... and it was just nuts. We ended up picking one that had Acai in it. It was good!
Anyway, it was a fun time. Way different than what I'm used to, but fun. :)

I ran in a 5k! My very first! It was a temple to temple run that they've done in Provo the past 3 years, and it's FREE! I love free stuff!!!

It was a really cool experience because it was on Pioneer Day, so we got to pick a deceased ancestor/relative of ours that we wanted to run for. I picked Papa. I'm glad I did. :) It was awesome because as I was running and I got tired, I would just think of Papa and how he worked so hard his entire life and he never quit. At one point I felt very close to him and my throat got all tight and closed up because I was fighting some tears, and then I couldn't breathe and I almost died. Haha but I got past it, and I'm grateful for that experience. I'm SO excited to meet him after this life! He's such a cool guy!

Later that same day as the 5k, I headed up to Michelle and Nate's house to hang with them. I'll post about that next time. Truly. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment