Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The End was Near

So I wrote this post a long time ago, and never actually posted it... but here it is, preserved for posterity anyway!!!

---2 weeks ago---

FINALS ARE NEXT WEEK. I can't believe how fast this term flew by! It seems like just yesterday was my first day.... but at the same time I'm really excited to get a new load of classes. I'm definitely ready for a change! It's been hard for the past few days to have motivation to go to class, so it's a good thing it's all about to change and I'm going to have to be running to keep up with stuff again!

This past little bit has been just grand! I'll start with the things that are most fresh in my memory.
Yesterday I turned in my big humdinger of a paper! We had to write an 8 page research paper for Book of Mormon. We could pick any topic we wanted that was somehow applicable to the gospel, and then examine it in a religious sense, a secular/academic sense (like what other religions believe about our chosen topic), and then we had a personal section where we talked about how it applied to us individually. I chose grace for my topic, and I feel like I learned a lot.
Last night was also ward temple night! It was great! I hadn't been to the temple in a little while, so I was really glad that we got to go. I went with my roommate Lily and a girl we live with, Kaitlin. It was wonderful. I'm so glad we have temples today. :)

Also recently, I went to play night games with some people on campus. I went with my mission friend Kaitlyn and Lily again. And Spencer went too haha. We went and met up with a big group of people who were all super fun, and played games like Ghost in the Graveyard and Navy Tag. It was a BLAST. It was seriously so much fun! And I learned that I am a REALLY slow runner. I think I was the slowest of all of us...kkkkk but that's ok.

In my apartment, we've been watching one Harry Potter movie per weekend, which is great. And everyone thinks that I am just like Luna Lovegood. Which I don't necessarily disagree with, but I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that...-__-

The other day I was reading about the Prodigal Son in Luke. I think it just might be my favorite parable in the whole Bible! I love it so much. If you give it a chance, you should definitely give it another read, I highly recommend it. :) (It's Luke 15:11-32).

I really like my ward. There's a bunch of really fun people in it, and 3 of them are even from Georgia! It is so fun. I'm in the ward choir too, and so it's fun to get to know people that way too. :)

ANYWAY. I should probably finish up this post so I can talk about Summer term stuff. But finals went great, I'm glad that they're over, and I'm glad I have new classes! More to come on that later!!!






1 comment:

  1. Great stuff! I appreciate your posts. Keep 'em coming! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete