Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Filling in my peeps

Hello again!

There's been quite a few things that have happened since I started back again at BYU!

1. I've had 3 big tests, (2 for Psychology, one for Portuguese) and I've done well on all of them so far! Post mission blessings are a real thing!!! :)

2. I got a calling! I'm an FHE mama! We haven't actually had an FHE that I've planned yet though, because last week we had a ward activity at Kiwanis Park (sooooo much fun!) and this week I was in Roy with Shell and the fam so we just combined with another group. But this Monday is going to be legit.

3. I spoke in church! My topic was the talk by Elder Dale Renlund, "Latter-Day Saints keep on Trying", which is an AWESOME talk, by the way. I feel like my talk went pretty well. I definitely learned a lot while preparing it.

4. Shell and Nate's house/Spiral Jetty/The Golden Spike for Memorial Day! It was so much fun that I couldn't make myself leave until I had been there for 2 days and nights, even though I'd only planned to be there for one day and one night. There's something about a little 3 year old saying "Aunt Bwi, I don't want you to leave." that just melts your heart. And going to Shell and Nate's house is always so much fun! I love it!
Also while I was there, I taught Asa to give me Xeros! A Xero is something they do in Brasil. When they hug you, they breathe in really deeply and it makes you feel great. :) I always do it to Asa when I pick him up, and he picked up on it (haha) and does it to me now. :)
And I was able to help Addison and Bryn learn how to do front flips on the trampoline! They are such champs!!!

5. I ran a 1.3 miles once, in a little over 11 minutes. That was pretty cool. #iamsooutofshape

6. I've realized that I actually really enjoy studying. I love reading my psychology book! Call me a nerd, but it is just so interesting! For example, one of the first days of class I learned that female's sweaty armpits smell worst than male's sweaty pits, because when females sweat, they secrete some kind of weird fatty stuff along with the sweat. Gross but true. And insanely interesting. Haha! It's been interesting to see also the changes in my work ethic since I came back out. I'm proud to say there's a big difference. :)

7. I've lost like 4 and a half pounds! WOOHOOOOOO!!!

8. I went to a little mini mission people reunion. :) We went to Sister Woodland's house (Laura) and hung out for a while and told funny mission stories, went and got Acai, (such a rip off! It was NOTHING like the real thing.), and then we were sitting around at her house talking and all of a sudden 4 boys showed up that nobody knew!!! They knocked on the door and said, "Uh, are you guys Kaileen's friends?" (Kaileen was one of the sisters in our mission). So we just awkwardly invited them in. Then Kaileen showed up a few minutes later. Haha it was actually pretty fun. We played Smurf until like 2 am! When I found out what time it was, my first thought was, "Oh, mom is going to be so proud of me!!!" kkkk


9. I saw my trainer in Mansfield, Sister Katy Williams! She came up one day last week and surprised me! IT WAS SOOO GOOD TO SEE HER!!! We went out to eat supper at Costa Vida and chatted it up. I've missed her so! And she's still the same old Sister Williams. :)


10. Payson Temple Open House! That temple is BEAUTIFUL, and so huge! I've never seen such a pretty baptistry in all my days. And there's 3 or 4 different floors that you can go on. And I loved the recurring apple blossoms everywhere- on the door knobs, painted onto the ceiling, on the BEAUTIUL, giant windows... it was lovely. I went with my roommate Lily and with Spencer. It was PACKED. 






 Anyway. It's been fun so far. I can't believe the spring term is almost over! Just a few more weeks. :) I'm going to miss my psych class, but I'm excited for Zumba to start up and to be able to say that I've got a good solid term under my belt. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You're blogging! I loved reading these posts! It is so great to hear and see that you are having such a great time out there, (even though we miss you a lot around these parts.) Also, you are so pretty. :) And, you and Spencey make a cute couple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You are rockin'the house! So glad to hear an update!

    ReplyDelete